The Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial conference really marks the end-of-year for our software development community. Thanks to the OSGeo foundation and the regional Aust-NZ group for putting on the event. In particular the organisation committee did an excellent job running the conference this year (in the middle of a recession) and not losing money.
During the conference I did not manage to catch anything from the media sponsors - let us see how that went.
- Position Magazine: had a timely october issue with an article on “Open Source in Geospatial Business”. That said I have not been able to find any coverage in their November issue.
- Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter came through with an article summing up Paul’ talk.
- GeoConnections Magazine lists several of the press releases but I could not find an article or writeup.
- Directions Magazine has a long standing tradition of covering FOSS4G. I was able to find a couple press releases passed on by ERDAS and the reprinting of a good blog post.
- GIS Development did not seem to capture much of the conference proceedings - I could only find a reference to Daniel Morissette receiving the Sol Katz award in December.
- Baliz Media is new one for me that seems to have offered very complete coverage of the event.
- Slashgeo has been very good about passing on press releases and posted a few times about such things as the WMS shootout results.